Special little c***


You’re a fraction of life that exists on this planet
When you die, we’ll mourn and forget
And as sombre the thought that your life might mean nothing,
Let me tell you, it ain’t over yet.

You’re a special little cunt, because there’s no-one like you,
I’ll swear when I tell you the truth,
There’s 7 billion people finding their way,
But there’s nobody who does what you do

Fuck being normal and part of the crowd,
Normal’s the man who’s forgot,
You might be different and special and speak far too loud,
But your memory will never be lost

We’re all doomed to die and it ends far too quick,
So let’s move on from that thought and forget it,
You can treat your experience with reverence or shit,
Life can only be good if you let it

You can’t control the actions of others,
Or ask them to stop being mean,
but you control what you think of these terrible words,
you can control what you’re doing and being.

It’s hard to be you, it’s hard to be me.
it’s hard because life isn’t easy.
The challenge it seems is in what we believe,
And believe me, fate isn’t here to do favours.

Start taking names, and forging your way,
Fuck being careful and scared,
If your being normal, what’s the point in your day?
Being different is the best you there is.



Comments:

I wrote this poem with a very firm idea of what it was going to be in terms of the theme and message. I wanted something aggressive and affirmative. Ironically, this was shortly before my own fall into despair, perhaps indicating an awareness of my own impending doom... (slight exaggeration!)

Comments

Popular Posts