both



We both need self defence,
When we talk we only sell offence,
I try to walk, you say you’ll go and sleep with other men,
We argue 9 days out of 10,
The day that we don’t argue, that’s the place I want to leave our memories in,
Don’t call me evil, I want to be your friend,
Don’t think I’m good, my soul is mixed, I’m on the mend,

You call me names, and then you call me on the phone,
What’s your problem? I’m scared to be alone,
I’d rather sleep with evil than to sleep all on my own,
When I sleep with other people, my mind gets overblown,

I can be normal, we can be normal, being hurt is just normal…
I can only love the way I love,
I’m honest, even when I really shouldn’t,
But the only truth you hear are the ones that I would never say, I couldn’t,

I love to hold you close, I love to kiss you on your nose,
But I hate the way you think you know the known unknowns,
There’s no tomorrow if today you break my soul,
You cut me deep when you hate me, love’s my only goal,
No more cuts, just edits, and a fade and hey…. Who knows…

Comments

Popular Posts