Art



I just want to be heard, so spread my word,
listen when I speak, don’t flip me the bird,
I’m just trying to be social, but society hurts,

My art is my voice, let’s have a conversation,
I’ll draw you a picture, let’s have deliberation,
I don’t need you to love me, that’s infatuation,

I’m not a prophet, but I’m profiteering,
I’m making money stop the banks from interfering,
I need some money for my message you are hearing,
I need some gas to move the car that I am steering,

My art is crowded out, too many people like to scream and shout,
And if you whisper, no-one knows your about,

My art is not for sale, but the meaning is for you,
I share that without fail - I’m selling the truth.

Comments:

one of the great challenges of expression is finding an audience with whom to express. this short piece is inspired by that need to market and sell art.

Comments

Popular Posts