Commit


When I close my eyes, all I see’s the lies I told…
The thing about commitment is I like it in control…
I can’t commit to being happy, can’t commit to being sad, can’t commit to telling stories,
Sometimes I’m ugly, please ignore me…
Let’s commit to always trying, let’s commit to never dying, let’s commit to doing good,
But only when you should…
I can’t commit to being clever, can’t commit to be being smart, can’t commit to running faster than the bastards in the cars,
Although I’m trying really hard…
Well let’s commit to being stupid, I know you know to do this, let’s commit to being ruthless,
Your home is where my roof is…
I can’t commit to saying sorry, can’t commit to saying yes, can’t commit to saying no,
How I feel, I’ll let you know…
Well let me commit to you, I won’t let you lose, I’ll put colour in your blues,
I’ll share all your bad news, I’ll take all of the burden, no matter what it’s worse than,
I’ll commit to you, I’ll be here for you, no matter what you do, ‘cus I’m sticking round like glue,
I can’t commit to keeping secrets, the secrets that we keep are what keep me from my sleep,
So let’s commit to being truthful, a little white lie won’t break that, so tell me that I’m beautiful,
I’m committed to you, be committed to me,
Let’s commit to just trying, to be all we can be.

Comments

Popular Posts